Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter is leaving?

Yes. We have exchanged cash with each other, asked the least drunk friend to be Santa and eaten turkey, meatballs and sausages for the last time in months(easter has, for a strange reason, the same food as christmas on the table here in Sweden).
Sure I like Christmas as the next guy but you can´t get the spirit like when you were young. The snow is not as white, the christmas tree is not as thick and the music is not as melting as before. I think I´ll soon be in a phase when it has stopped to be fun for myself and the coming years is about the joy of other younger family members.
The first sign of this is that it´s more fun to give away presents. I´m sure that it has to be about me getting older and if I was getting happy for a new children's toy I would be a psycho. The second sign is that you think "let´s give the small ones a happy memory" an forget about us elder. Unfortunately, I´m not there yet. 

Sorry kids. 




No comments:

Post a Comment